The National Bank of Belgium (“the Bank”), which has its head office at Boulevard de Berlaimont 14, 1000 Brussels, records your personal data in order to ensure the correct administrative processing of the applications procedure in which you take part entirely voluntarily with a view to possibly being employed by the Bank. The Bank bases its processing of these personal data on Article 6.1, (a), (b) and (f) of the General Data Protection Regulation.
That processing includes:
- your identity and contact data;
- data on your educational background;
- data on the content of job interviews;
- data on the assessments conducted in connection with the application procedure;
- other data that you communicate to the Bank for that procedure (e.g. marital status, driving licence, etc.).
The Bank is responsible for the processing of these personal data. The data are only accessible to a limited number of the Bank’s staff who are in charge of managing the application procedure (“need-to-know” principle) and to a number of collaborators of external service providers which the Bank uses as subcontractors for assessing your application. Apart from these collaborators of external service providers (“need-to-know” principle), your personal data will not be communicated to third parties unless the laws and regulations oblige the Bank to disclose the data. The Bank processes and stores the personal data for the period strictly necessary to achieve the objectives of the processing, according to the nature of the data. This period shall in no case exceed 24 months from the date on which the Bank notified you of the result of the applications procedure.
Provided that the conditions defined in the relevant laws and regulations are met, you have the right:
(1) to access your personal data and rectify them if appropriate;
(2) to object to this processing on grounds relating to your particular situation;
(3) to obtain erasure of your personal data or restriction of their processing;
(4) to receive your personal data in a structured, commonly used format which is machine readable, and to transmit those data to another data controller;
(5) to lodge a complaint to the Data Protection Authority if you consider that the processing of your personal data infringes the laws and regulations applicable.
To exercise your rights under points (1) to (4), you can send an email to the Bank’s Data Protection Officer, Fabienne Verduyn, at firstname.lastname@example.org.
You declare that you have noted the content of this declaration and authorise the Bank to process your personal data for the purposes mentioned here. You have the right to withdraw that consent at any time.